The MOV Chamber is proud to provide resources, connections and information to our members and the business community during this unprecedented situation. Please know we are going to continue working on your behalf in our community during this COVID-19 pandemic.
Thank you for your understanding as we work to maneuver through this unknown situation with the intent to keep our organization up and running and to be a support for our members.
The goal for our Chamber is to ensure that the information we share is accurate, informative and researched. We will post links to this page as we receive information from our partner organizations. Our video updates are also posted below.
Applications are being accepted through the wvOASIS website beginning Monday, July 13 through September 30, 2020.
Governor Justice’s WV CARES Act Small Business Grant Program provides West Virginia’s small businesses much needed relief by granting up to $5,000 to WV Small Businesses that have been affected by COVID-19.
Small Businesses are eligible if they:
- Have between 1 and 35 full-time employees (at least 1 of which is not also an owner/member / shareholder of the business)
- Have their principle place of business in WV
Were qualified to do business in WV and in operation as of February 29,2020
- Are currently and intend to remain qualified to do business in WV and in operation for at least the next twelve months.
- Are in good standing with the State Tax Department and WorkForce WV.
- Are a for-profit business
- Are not in violation of any state order or decree (e.g., mine safety, DEP citations, etc.)
- Are not presently suspended, debarred, proposed debarment, declared ineligible, or otherwise excluded from participation in any federal grant program, and are not presently a debit in any pending bankruptcy (including any owners of the business)
- Have suffered eligible expenses and/or losses because of COVID-19
The process for applying for WV CARES Act Small Business Grant funds begins by becoming a registered vendor in the wvOASIS system. You must be a registered Vendor to receive WV CARES act small business grant funds. An eligible business can apply to be a registered Vendor – without needing to pay the typical $125 fee- in WV OASIS at https://www.wvoasis.gov/, and clicking “VSS”
The City of Parkersburg in partnership with Community Resources and United Way Alliance launches a Family Relief Fund.
The Family Relief Fund (FRF), a program funded through a special allocation of Community Development Block Grant funding through the Cares Act, and aimed to assist Parkersburg residents who have been negatively impacted by COVID-19. The FRF funds short-term emergency payments on behalf of individuals or families to prevent utility service cutoffs, and/or
housing payments to prevent eviction or homelessness.
FRF operates on a first-come, first-served basis to eligible residents and must meet the following requirements.
- Must reside in the corporation limits of the City of Parkersburg
- Must meet the following household income eligible guidelines (80% of Area Median Income):
- 1 Person: $35,000
- 2 Persons: $40,600
- 3 Persons: $45,650
- 4 Persons: $50,700
- 5 Persons: $54,800
- 6 Persons: $58,850
- 7 Persons: $62,900
- 8 Persons: $66,950
- Must be in good standing with applicable City Fees (as of 12/31/2019).
- Must provide documentation of financial hardship as a result of COVID-19. This may include, but is not limited to job loss, decrease in hours/wages, increase in expenses, etc.
Financial assistance will be made directly to service providers, landlords, or banking institutions, and is capped at $2,000 per household. Payments will be directed to the most urgent need(s).
To apply or to learn more about the Family Relief Fund, call 2-1-1 to reach the United Way Alliance of the Mid-Ohio Valley.
MOV Chamber Re-Opening Signage
We have created the following signage for you to utilize as you begin to re-open your business.
West Virginia Strong/The Comeback (Governor Justice’s Reopening Plans):
All West Virginia Re-opening Guideline Documents (Listed Alphabetically)
CARES Stimulus Act Provision links:
SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) information/links:
Emergency Paid Sick Leave/Emergency Family Leave information/links:
Information for general public:
March 25, 2020 Video Update
March 27, 2020 Video Update
April 3, 2020 Video Update
At this time the MOV Chamber office is closed to visitors, but we are “here” for you! “Here” is just an email or phone call away.
Let us know how you are doing, what information/resources you need, what information or resources you have to share with others, anything!